Tuesday, May 28, 2013

KEEPER

I'm a little late posting this, but wanted to give a shout out to the Hubs.  He's awesome.  Our 4 year anniversary was May 2 and he did AWESOME.  Me, not so much.  We always do the traditional gift which is kind of fun when we actually do it:

Year 1) Paper - We each made scrapbooks for eachother - kind of cute.  I add a new collage of pictures each year on our anniversary.
Year 2) Cotton - M bought me a couple sundresses - I have no idea what I got him.  Maybe a shirt?
Year 3) Leather - I bought M a nice, real leather basketball; He told me to buy new leather shoes (not his best ever)

Year 4)  Fruit and Flowers.  I sent Sheri's Berries to his office that were covered in white/milk chocolate decorated as bride and grooms.  Michael brought flowers to my office - I thought that was it.  Nope.  He picked out 6 bottles of wine (fruit) from the year we were married!  He also read that the modern gift is appliances and he got me a KEURIG!  I am the sole coffee drinker in the house so that is wonderful.  Lastly, he always writes the sweetest, most thoughtful cards.  What a keeper.  Single girls - there ARE good guys - wait for one.  I am sad we don't have a picture :-(.


Us at the Terry College Gala (this is what I wore in lieu of a LBD!)

Mother's Day was a week later and he and MC made me feel so special.  I got a massage gift certificate and pearl studs.  They sent me to the pool to relax and lay out with my friend, Shannon, and then Michael and MC came up to join me after her nap.  I LOVE them.  I LOVE being a mom - I heard about this unconditional, all-consuming love but never got it until my angel girl was born.  They are my world.


The day before Mother's Day we celebrated my mama - and the week before, Michael's mama.  
They are both incredible and we thank God every day for them.
\

Love, MB
PS - I will do better for Father's Day

1 comment:

  1. Great pic of you and Michael!! Any Father's Day gift ideas?? Ryan always knocks it out of the park with gifts and I'm awful!

    ReplyDelete