Friday, May 3, 2013

The "B" word...

Sorry about the recent hiatus...been busy busy lately!!
 
"B" is for Botox. Some of my friends have started getting botox.  I was shocked--sure only people over 50 were having this done.  However, I came to learn that this isn't that uncommon for people in their 30's.   My reaction was "we don't need botox yet"!?!?  Then I looked in the mirror - where did those wrinkles come from??  I always said I would never do botox, plastic surgery, etc.  I have yet to get anything like that done and don't really plan to - but I guess you should never say never. (I know you are surprised that my nose hasn't been worked on - HA! :-). 
 
Anyways, before I ever go the Botox route I want to try other methods first.  So, Instyle recommends Olay Regenerist for their price-senstive fix...I'm going to try it and you are going to watch.  The box says that I will see a difference after 8 weeks.  So...we'll be the judge of that.  Let's start the creepy photos.


Day 0 (May 3)

 
I know, I wouldn't have wrinkles if I didn't do this - you get the point.
 


Olay Regenerist Intensive Repair Treatment - $14 Amazon ($10 cheaper than other spots)
We shall see....send any other recommendations!
 
Love, MB

4 comments:

  1. 30??? Okay, I am going to be 45 in July and won't even consider it. Yes, I do have those dreaded crows feet and the lovely scowl lines, but you know what...I earned EACH AND EVERY ONE. Laughing, crying, worrying...all part of life and being a mom (especially to two who are now 19 and 23!) I am all for good skin care, but injecting unwanted chemicals ( tested or not) into my body...not so much. I have also learned that my girls watch EVERY move I make and pay quick attention to how I view myself. Don't want them wanting Botox by age 25.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree! I need to start takin care of my skin for sure! This is where I am starting :-). Good feedback!

      Delete
  2. I can't believe your friends are already getting botox. Maybe some of mine are too and I just don't know, it?!? I would love to see your results from using the Olay Regenerist. I have always heard good things about that product but have never tried it. I have horrible forehead wrinkles and would love to make them less noticeable...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get a retina cream prescribe thru your dermo and invest in an eye cream. I have been using retina on and off since high school---started because of acne and have continued for fine lines and crows feet. Your dermo can explain how and where to use it on your face.

    I use Chanel ultra correction line repair and lumiere riche bio-restorative eye balm with PSP (dermo office sells this line but you can buy it online). Both are pricey but it one of the things I will splurge on because I won't do the Botox route either!

    ReplyDelete