Tuesday, March 19, 2013

What am I doing?

Yep....I am blogging.  I am sure everyone's blog starts out with something like this...."I don't know why I'm doing this, I never thought I would be one to blog, but here goes nothing".  If you know me, you know my biggest complaint right now as a full-time working mom is...NO TIME.  I am sure all moms feel that way, but really, there is NO TIME.  SO, I am not quite sure what makes me think I have time for a blog...

....EXCEPT - I have ALWAYS wanted to share my "gift" of deal spotting.  If you compliment my outfit or house decor, I immediately share "Target", "TJ Maxx", "Goodwill", etc...  My dream job would be a personal shopper for people on a budget.  There are many people that obviously don't need my budget-friendly services but I believe there are TONS that do.  You don't have to spend big bucks to look good and you don't have to look sloppy just because you don't have a ton of cash!  Obviously, if my clientele are people on a budget I have two options: 1) Wait to get really rich and offer my services for free, or 2) Blog!  I am starting with the latter because the first isn't happening any time soon.  So...my blog will be thrifty finds (fashion and decor), an occasional splurge/investment when necessary, and of course some life stuff...my baby girl, wonderful husband, fabulous friends....you get it. 

My first post is a fabulous dress that I found at one of my faves...Old Navy.  Who doesn't love Old Navy???  The bold black/white stripes look classic and sophisticated and this cut would look good on most body types. I see this with simple gold sandals and some gold studs...K.I.C. (Keep It Classy). Only thing that would make me love it more is a navy & white combo.

Trick #1 to making your clothes look more expensive than they are....SIMPLICITY.  The simpler the pattern, cut, and lines the nicer it looks. 





Love, MB

5 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! Great post! On OldNavy.com right now! So glad you're doing this! I NEED your help! Proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am gong to have to go and try this on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that dress! I'm so glad you started a blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea!!!! Love the dress ,too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that you started a blog for the budget conscious :) This dress is adorable, I need to go to ON!

    ReplyDelete