Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Jean shorts are COOL!

Jean shorts got a bad rap for a while, but I have always loved jean shorts - of the cut-off genre!!  In middle school I rocked my mom's "vintage" pair (still trying to find a pic) and I have had at least one pair in my drawer at all times.  Now they are back with a vengeance...but before you run out and buy a pair, consider making them!

Tip:  Buy a pair of men's jeans...they have less stretch so they aren't tight on your thigh.  You want a wider leg and the ability to fray so more reason to go with a man's jean.  My recommendation - Goodwill!  You could even buy a couple pairs and test out different lengths, washes, etc..  That is what I did a few weeks ago (excuse the pic quality and pale April legs)! 


Men's Jeans - Goodwill $6
BUT, if you'd rather just purchase a pair...the best options I found are at Abercrombie & Fitch!  YES, that is what I said.  I like them for the same reason my mom hated when I shopped there 15 years ago...they look like they have been worn a million times! 

A&F Midi-length shorts - $35

A couple other options:
VS Midi Denim Short - $49.50
Free People Denim Cut off - $68.00
 
 

Love, MB

1 comment: