Wednesday, April 10, 2013

To the Maxx

I have always loved TJ Maxx...I feel like i am the original maxxinista.  However, now that I have a kiddo I cannot frequent the shop as much and it makes me sad.  I even used to know when new shipments were coming and I would hit it up once/week.  Not so much anymore, but I always find something great.  Most of my friends do not like it because it is too overwhelming...

TIP: Go in with a purpose.  Do not go mindlessly or you WILL get overwhelmed.  Say you want a yellow bag or colored jeans or a ceramic vase...if you have a specific goal it will be easier and you will most likely find something else that you absolutely have to have.

I went Sunday looking for a maxi skirt...here is what I found (excuse picture quality and awkward mirror poses):
Coral/Navy Olive & Oak cotton maxi - $19.99

 
Orange/Cream Polyester maxi dress - $24.99

I think I will rock these both this summer...I like my maxis with flats, preferably gladiator sandals. 
 
Meanwhile, as I was taking these selfies....yikes...so we can open the toilet now :-)

Love, MB

3 comments:

  1. Love the maxi skirt and dress! You can never go wrong with TJ Maxx :) Is the skirt long? I am so tall and have a hard time finding maxi dresses and skirts long enough on me :( But my sister did get a maxi skirt from TJ Maxx last year and it is super long. I was going to go and look to see if I could find something similar... I just may have to check out that same skirt you got!

    I got some great gold gladiator sandals at Target for $15. Everyone keeps asking me where I got them and I love to say Target!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, YES the skirt was very long! To be honest there weren't a ton of maxi skirt options but lots of maxi dress options. I went to Target yesterday and found a GREAT skirt also. I'd love to see the sandals! Which brand at target?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both of these finds! That is my problem -- I never go in with a purpose to TJs. Thanks for the tip -- will be a woman on a mission next time :)

    ReplyDelete